I say this every year, but I have so much to be thankful for in 2016 (despite the fact that this year has been quite a doozy #amirite). I landed a job at an amazing company, just closed on a new home (sewing room coming soon!), and I had the chance to connect with some amazing people. One of those people is Erica of Eating with Erica.
Somehow, the stars aligned and I had the chance to get to know her. Erica’s heart is as big as her beautiful smile, and even though I’m one of her newest pals, she invited me to her 2nd annual Friendsgiving feast. And feast we did!
This divine dinner was held at American Cut, who recently joined the Shops at Buckhead, and the restaurant fits in perfectly with the sexy, chic vibe of the Shops at Buckhead–and the vibe of our #girlsquad for the evening. I knew Erica had tons in store for us, but I had no idea how good it would be. The dinner was served family-style, which enhanced the feeling of togetherness. And the entire meal was delicious from start to finish, which enhanced the feeling of satisfaction for all.
All event photos courtesy of Jamie King Creative
The first course consisted of the following items:
As if that wasn’t enticing enough, the American Cut staff presented us with our incredible second course dishes:
Then, we somehow managed to squeeze in dessert. And it was totally worth the work.
Not only were we all treated to this delightful meal, we also received incredible swag bags! What’s an event without a swag bag? The theme for this year’s bag is Things to Get You Through the Holiday. And I’m sure the contents of the bag will do just that. Items included gifts from:
- Double Cross Vodka–Fun Fact: It’s awesome sauce. The bottle is dope as well.
- Sephora–Fun Fact: Sephora offers free, 15-minute mini-makeovers at all of its store locations. And, you can get a custom hour-long makeover. Just spend $50 or more. I just went a few days ago and got my life together.
- Lush—Fun Fact: Their Charitable Giving program supports small grassroots organizations working to reform the root causes of environmental, animal protection and human rights issues.
- Candlefish–Fun Fact: Candlefish got its name from the euchalon fish. So oily, that when dried, it can be used as a candle formerly dried and used as a torch by Native Americans in the Pacific Northwest.
- Black Box Wines–Fun Fact: The Black Box Go Packs are highly portable – the lightweight packaging goes where glass can’t. Hello, picnic in the park!
- Prairie Organic Spirits–Fun Fact: Prairie Organic Spirits is a true farm-crafted spirit made from single-sourced corn grown on a handful of family-owned and -operated Minnesota farms
- UV Vodka–Fun Fact: UV Vodka offers a variety of high-quality, yet affordable vodkas for those looking for a great-tasting, high-quality spirit to share and celebrate all of life’s moments with friends and family.
Speaking of family and friends, I wish you and yours a very Happy Holiday! It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.